2.14.2008

Life on 152nd Street - Part I

Wow, we're just all blogging away these days! I guess this election really has our juices flowing. I just have to say/write how much I LOVE and admire the passion that Em has for wanting our country to be a truly more improved place to live and how devoted she is to her candidate. Until these primaries it always seemed as though my vote didn't count because the candidates won a majority of the delegates before it was my states' turn to go to the polls. I felt more empowered this year as I sat at a table and had my "voting cubby" surrounded by file folders to provide an element of secrecy and filled in the ovals for the candidate of my choice. I'd have to say that my enthusiasm for the candidate I chose to vote for that day does not come close to rivaling Em's enthusiasm for Kucinich, but c'est la vie. The important thing is that some of the pessimism I've felt about politics, candidates and the electoral process has been kicked into the gutter thanks to the emergence of a competitive race for president. Hopefully the next administration will possess a greater moral compass and heed the direction that the compass points.

Thanks Jess for the cute updated pics of Jack!

Thanks Jeremy for remembering my password so that I could post this!

As for life on 152nd street - all is well. Currently Rex is napping in his stroller. We had Mandarin class this morning and he did a very nice job stacking "donuts"! He even seemed to know the order of the colors for stacking. I guess I'll have to see if he does it correctly again to know for sure. Rex loves to climb as well as try to go head first off of furniture. Thankfully someone is always around to soften the landing. He also likes climbing the 2 flights of stairs in our new apartment. It's a great way to tire him out for bed. Rex has 6 teeth and is working on his first cuspid which is causing him to wake up at night on occasion. It's a good thing humans can't remember getting teeth - it must really hurt.

On the way home from Mandarin Rex and I stopped at Fairway (the grocery store under the West Side Highway) and picked up some snacks for J and I to indulge in this evening. It is Valentine's Day after all.

I better go get a few things done before Rex wakes up!

No comments: