2.20.2008

Election 2008

Hope the lively email discussion carries over to the blog. It really is easy if you can remember your email and password - always my bugaboo.

As for my election concerns and favorites, I'm really ambivalent about the nomination going to Obama or Clinton - either is fine. I think Clinton might get more done (experience), but I'd hate to see the Clinton hangers-on return to the White House. Obama would be a good president and his wife and daughters look and behave the part as well. I think he'll be productive, but seeing as the Congress will most likely be Dem, he won't have too many hurdles. McCain is respectable and has some ideas that aren't off-putting, but we'll see if he keeps those ideas when he has to lure conservative voters. Our country needs to do a lot in the coming years and having a Rep. White House and a Dem. Congress may not be the best way to tackle that. As I used to remind my government students - government and politics are not the same thing. I guess we'll have to see how the politics play out.

Hopefully I'll get some pics of our new place up soon!

No comments: