3.19.2008

Just Checking In.

Sweet Allan family directory Burt. Nice work. I had never heard that "Judi-ism" before. Is there a compendium to rival Yogi Berra?

Saw James's email earlier today re. the Grannies for Peace. I would have thought they would expect to be arrested - that's the point of civil disobedience, no?

On the 5 year anniversary of the Iraq invasion, Slate.com. is running a series of pieces by so called "liberal hawks" (of which I am one) on why they were wrong about the Iraq war. It's a very interesting, evenhanded series. I particularly liked this piece by Jeffrey Goldberg who wrote extensively about the Kurds' struggle prior to the war. I think his view on it is as close to my view as any I have seen. If you're interested in a propaganda-free, thoughtful reexamination of reasonable people's views (in many cases revoked) on the war, I commend the entire series.

On a lighter note, this is probably the funniest piece I've read in a major circulation magazine in a long time. For anyone who actually remembers Lenny Dykstra the baseball player, this is an excellent piece.

Heading to Saudi Arabia for business in a couple of weeks, I'll be sure to post some pics. Until then, GET BLOGGING!!!

No comments: